Roger's Florida

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Lake Beresford Park, Deland, FL-Wild Boar Encounter



When we hike in a relatively urban environment like Lake Beresford Park in DeLand, FL we don't really think in terms of dangerous wildlife. But - you should be aware that they are there. The other day I hiked the "lake" trail just past the railroad underpass. About 3/4 of the way around that very nice loop, I heard some noise and it was "more than a squirrel." I spotted it and it was a wild boar. When he spotted me he ran! I think that will usually be the case unless they feel cornered. So just be aware of your surroundings as you enjoy the great outdoors here in Florida. Carry a good stick and/or pepper spray if you want, just as a precaution.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home